Torq Storm Superchargers

Discussion in 'Torq Storm Superchargers' started by ericwilloughby, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ericwilloughby

I bought one of these back in Feb. I'm surprised there isn't even a catagory for them. Sup with that? No love for torq storm?

Tags:

2. vinces427bb Staff Member

3. ericwilloughby

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  4. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

They've been mentioned here before, they aren't a bigger player in the market (yet), which is why they don't have their own section. If we see enough discussion for them that will change. :)

Post up some pics, would love to see your build. Stop by www.Z28.com too.

5. ericwilloughby

I search for it and got no results. Is there a header I should be looking under?

6. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

I'll have to locate it in the morning, heading off to bed (almost mid-night). Its a discussion about all the different brands of superchargers.

7. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

Can you post some pictures of your setup, especially up close to the supercharger?

8. ericwilloughby

9. vinces427bb Staff Member

intercooler will be a tight fit also :bigtears:

10. mikeylikesit

I also bought a torq storm will be installing very soon

11. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

Take some pictures of the install and let us know if you run into any problems. Some things are common across brands and we'll try to help out. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these on the market -- one thing sorely lacking is competition. It's been a handful of big players in the market for a long time.

What car is this going in?

12. ericwilloughby

13. mikeylikesit

67 chevy nova, gone threw car in the last 3years all redone now. Runs strong as is but the supercharger should push up torq and hp to around 750 I hope

14. ericwilloughby

Unfortunately the torqstorm is only good for 500-550. U won't get more than that Through it. The only advantage to them is price. Being about half that of any other kit.

I've been running mine for 1.5 years now. I need to get some hard numbers but that is what the manufacturer rates it at. Feels about right to me.

15. mikeylikesit

Not sure what you are saying. My all motor makes 540 as is. Add 6 psi of boost and that should increase upward. Story in mag last year showed almost 200 more. Rick at arp told me I would get the same as the writeup. maby more with the parts I have

16. mikeylikesit

67 nova xs . I put it together,plumed it all. But did not run it becouse I didn't have blowthtew carb.but that came in mail last fri. New quickfuel 750 now I have the parts to put it all together. Just need time

17. ericwilloughby

U can't get more than the unit will flow no matter what u put it on. And from what I recall its good for 500+ hp or 1100 cfm.

The little van project they did had 2 of them on it and made about 1000. I'll look and verify

18. ericwilloughby

They've completely redone there website. They stopped advertising 500+hp and rarely mention the rating now. I did see one mention of 700 hp but other then the vintage v belt drive it looks like they are still selling only the one unit. Which they previously rated at 5-550 hp. I have recently called and asked Rick if they had an upgrade to my impeller and he said no. So....looks like they have started really inflating there numbers.

I will be calling him tomorrow

19. mikeylikesit

Check out chevy high performance may 2014 sbc all motor 428 hp add torq storm 8 psi and makes 604

20. vinces427bb Staff Member