New Eaton 2650 Tvs Supercharger

Discussion in 'Eaton Superchargers' started by SCF/HAIC, Nov 10, 2016.

1. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

At the 2016 SEMA show Eaton unveiled their largest TVS supercharger ever.

• 15% more displacement
    • 25% more air capacity
    • Less heat through specially tuned rotors
    • Edelbrock, Magnuson, Harrop, Roush and Cosworth are aftermarket suppliers for it.

Tags:

2. Autowiz

Can't wait to see a 2.65 or 2.7L Magnuson but really its not enough. Whipple makes a 4.5L blower. Why can't I get that in a tvs?!

3. vinces427bb Staff Member

4. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

Eaton's biggest markets are OEM and modern smaller displacement engines. You wouldn't want one on a 454, but it'll shine on a 6.0L, 5.4L, 5.3L, 5.0 or 4.6L. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers it puts out.

5. 5.0thunder

Never understood this either. I've seen where smaller TVS blowers make as much power as larger screws, which I also don't understand because a screw usually has better efficiency and cooling as far as I know.

6. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

The TVS blowers actually have much higher efficiency than twin screws until you get past 16 psi. After 16 psi though they lose that advantage, it's only by a couple percent.

7. 5.0thunder

Hmm, so maybe a TVS 2650 would make more power than a whipple 3.4 at 15psi.. which would be more power than the 2.9 whipple and 2.3 TVS due to higher CFM??

8. Autowiz

There has been an increase in cooling capacity and reduced air friction through these current gen blowers that has allowed us to use smaller displacement and get more out of it by spinning it faster. So long as we can control iat's it is a faster way into boost because it is less volume for the blower to fill before it can build boost.

C6 zr1 had a 6.2L engine with a tvs2300. C7 z06 comes with a tvs1900 on the same displacement engine. And the results are easily seen immediately upon launching both vehicles.

9. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

Another interesting tid bit, one of the things Corvette did is a trick Roush has been using since 2004 (maybe others before, I don't know the full history).....

From 2004+ Roush superchargers in the F-series used electronic control of the boost bypass based on RPM and pedal position. With these systems when you smack the throttle it reacts slightly faster than a vacuum only system.

It helps off the line launches as well as throttle response from a roll. It also helps mileage since you can keep the engine from boosting a light throttle when you don't need it, whereas a sole vacuum system the change in vacuum might be enough to close the by-pass.