Blown Fuel Injected 460 Runs Hot Please Help

Discussion in 'Ford, Lincoln and Mercury' started by dave, Aug 12, 2018.

1. dave

okay just a quick update when I sat the intake down on the motor I carefully checked the alignment of the intake gasket and I saw light at the 11 o clock position as I looked in the intake down the runners now not being a big ford guy but I took it off a couple of times and seen that the blower intake is has cj ports the heads are the tj ports and the gasket is for the tj not cj so major vacuum leak and major lean condition so.. I called Don Hampton he said to run the cj gaskets and they will seal the intake and he did recommend a port match later and I can pick up more hp but for not get it running set timing to locked 36 total so this weekend I will try to get it all put back together and running and see what happens I will also put the 38 tooth pulley on

2. dave

I made progress I put the car back together ,,,,,,,,again and I waited for today 85 degrees out, its in a metal garage about 100 in there I sat my 36" barrel fan against the bumper turned it on started the car, fans are set to come on at 165, there is the blue moroso water restrictor in water outlet 2 perma cool fans shroud and the huge frostbite radiator after 45 min the motor stabilized at 210 and ran there for about 15 min no change afr rattled between 12:8:1 to 13:5:1 boost ref afr 11:8:1 the fuel is race gas 110 oct no additives I believe i am hot on its tail I may be able to get a little more advance out of it to take a bit more heat out and dial it out and in with my advance retard the cam has come alive a bit also it is thumplin around a bit shakes the car a little but very responsive crisp throttle response no hesitation at least at idle no load but it does have a 4000 convertor again thanks allot for your time and knowledge and making me remember some things but hey if it does any other quirky things I will let you know this one has been definitely unique

vinces427bb likes this.
  3. dave

***********************************more info *****************************************

the pulley change to a 10.9 percent under drive did seem to help a bit also now it should run 12 : 1 under load with the flys wide open I did half to reselect the cam level from 3 to 2 in the fitech also I had to re calibrate idle to get my IAC steps to close as possible to 10 I also meticulously set each valve lash setting by 1 cylinder at a time, now I just half to work out my hard brake pedal