Fuel Pressure ?

Discussion in 'Ford, Lincoln and Mercury' started by 94Stang, Jul 18, 2015.

1. 94Stang

Hi people. New guy and I'm new to boost. I have some questions about buying and setting up my fuel system for boost.

If I am running 12-12 lb of boost, on a 4.6L, what size injectors should I go with? Also what is the rule of thumb of what base pressure should be compared to boost? So if boost is 6 lbs what should the minimum be verses 12 lbs, 14, etc.?

Tags:

2. vinces427bb Staff Member

welcome to the site
    carbs are easier = base+1:1 increase in fuel pressure-to match increased boost pressure

your question on EFI is more complex;
    do you have an FMU??
    the injector size, fuel pump, fuel pressure and boost are some of the variables that need to be looked at ...:blackalien:

3. vinces427bb Staff Member

4. 94Stang

Right now I have a stock car and I'm trying to figure out what I need to get. I'm will put this together from used parts when I find them because I can't afford a new kit. Can the stock computer from a 94 work? Sorry about the title, ? I found this place from YB. Someone took it off the title?

5. SCF/HAIC Staff Member Admin

There are no hard set numbers, but I generally like a tune to have base pressure at least 30 psi over - 40-60 over if it's very high RPMs so you can have a short injector pulse width deliver enough fuel.

6. 94Stang

Thanks guys.